Friday, January 20, 2012

chocolate party spoons

a friend called stressed that she didn't have party favors for her one-year-old's birthday party the next day. she was calling to hear me say "let it go" and it will be fine. i was completely ready to say that, but then she mentioned she really wanted to make these. i too had seen these on pinterest and thought "could i make those with what i have in my pantry?" the answer was yes and so party favors were made! (although the party would have been just as great without them:)


were they as cute as the pinterest version? no. were they as cute as i am capable of making them? no. but i limited myself to using what i had and not allowing myself to stress. this was a gift of love and if there was any mistreatment of my kids or husband or bitterness involved, then well, it ceases to be a gift.

sometimes if i give myself restrictions on projects (baking, gift shopping, crafting, etc) it helps me to focus on the real reason i'm doing it. i go from "gift of love -mode" to "everyone look at me and what i can do and still do all my mommy duties cuz i'm so amazing-mode" real quick.

gift of love-mode is much healthier. and much easier on those around me.

2 comments:

Jeana said...

Amen, sister! And they were still super cute to boot!

darbishar said...

Nice! You are an amazing friend:)