Tuesday, June 21, 2011

africa

after dozens of hours of preparation, multiple rounds of vaccinations and malaria pills, passport issues, purchasing of the vest, the pants, the hat, finding the right water purification methods, acquiring and setting up enough video equipment to make a top rate documentary, several international calls, and hundreds of domestic ones, my love leaves on a jet plane. final destination: Uganda, Africa.
although this is an experience of a lifetime, involves lots of cool stuff, and you probably want to hear about it...i'm having trouble thinking about anything besides how very much, how incredibly deeply, how painfully
i miss him.

3 comments:

Tonya said...

Ah, that's so sweet. I'm sure it will be challenge for him to be gone, and you are such an amazing wife & mother to think about his opportunity over your own needs. You are awesome.

I pray his trip goes smoothly, safely, and that it is a grand adventure he can share one day with your grandkids. :)

Becky said...

As much as I know that you are thrilled that He is able to do this (and I can't wait to hear how/why) I feel your pain. Praying for you and that your kids are extra good while Sonny's away! Thinking of you!

Christa Forsythe said...

I know what you mean... I hate it when Micah is gone... part of me is missing for sure! I would love to hear more about his trip... I pray it goes QUICKlY for you.. and that it will be just enough time for him!

Hugs!