Saturday, April 16, 2011

i know how to take care of kids

the only time judah cries is in the car. seriously. doesn't cry. screams in the car. no matter what. the other day noah, judah and i were cruising to the soundtrack of shrill cries and suddenly they stopped! on rare occasions he will give up the fight and fall into insta-sleep. these are precious moments so we do all we can to preserve them. on this particular occasion noah said...

noah: you'll still love me even if i wake up judah, right?!
me: yes, honey. no matter what.
noah: forever?
me: yup.
noah: even when i'm a grown up?
me: definitely.
noah: even when i get married?
me: totally.
noah: even when i have kids?
me: of course! then i can love them too!!
noah: and then when i take my wife to a movie you will baby-sit them... cuz you know how to take care of kids, right?

3 comments:

Micah and Christa Forsythe said...

That is awesome! I love it! Nothing is worse than driving with a shrill cry sound track. My kids did the same thing... only probably - most of the time we were in the car was for hours at a time... I am thankful for the most part - they have grown out of this!

Denee Longan said...

Cute! (The Noah part...not the Judah part ;)

Tonya said...

how cute! I love that kid. :)

Starla cried, screamed, the moment she got in a car for the first 5 or 6 months of her life. No matter what i did, she cried bloody murder from the time we left until the time we got somewhere. it was terrible, I hated it. We didn't go anywhere unless we HAD to. And then one day, (much like her colic) it just went away. Hang in there momma!!