Monday, December 20, 2010

easy peasy treats

aren't these cute? the best part is they're even yummier and easier than they are festive. if you need a last minute gift or treat to bring to a party i guarantee these will be a hit.

Start by lining a cookie sheet with wax paper, then fill the sheet completely with square pretzels. Top each pretzel with a peppermint Hershey Kiss. Heat your oven to about 170 degrees and WATCHING CLOSELY warm them for 5 to 6 minutes. You want to soften the Kiss, not melt it (or it turns into a big mess)! When it's soft, you can press an M&M on top. Chill for 5 to 10 minutes to set, wrap in a cello bag with ribbon or put on a pretty plate (you want the plate to be pretty cuz the treats will be gone so quickly all people will see is your plate)

for those weird, um, i mean few people who don't like peppermint, or just for a taste reminiscent of a turtle you can follow the same instructions but use Rolos with pecans. yum!

5 comments:

Micah and Christa Forsythe said...

What a great idea... I love it. I have seen the rolos and pecans, but I love the red and white! Very appealing to the eye!

Merry Christmas, Friend!

Tonya said...

These are sooo sinking yummy!! I wanted to make some more after I gobbled all mine up, but wasn't willing to venture out to the crazy stores to buy more kisses. :)

Liz said...

I am officially naming these "Pretzal Hugs"

Jeannette said...

LOVE these!! Thank you Kris! I was at a loss as to what to do for Kara's little friends, and once I saw your post I ran right out and got the supplies. Made them today and bagged them all up...adorable!

Jeannette said...

so I just made these again for the second year in a row, so I had to comment yet again :) so cute. so yummy. thank you!!