Thursday, September 16, 2010

meal planning


advance meal planning. we all know its benefits but its not always much fun. i thought i'd copy some of the crafty bloggers and whip up my own menu board and it has livened up my meal planning and made me actually WANT to look at what i need to cook. a big factor in choosing this particular type of board for our family was that it uses a dry-erase marker. see, sometimes my plan doesn't line up with real life. sometimes stuffed zucchini just isn't in the schedule that day and grabbing a hot 'n ready is:) so i just whip out my little marker and make a switcheroo. still meals are planned and ingredients are used, just maybe on a different day.
my friend liz loves paris and just had a birthday so i thought she might like a little flair to her planning as well. have i convinced you yet? meal plan, i tell you!

6 comments:

Leah said...

How did you make your menu board? It is so cute!

Liz said...

I love it! Meal planning is something that I've been working on the last few weeks too, so mine is perfect!

Tonya said...

I don't how how people live without meal planning!! I have been planning out my weekly meals for years now, and COULD NOT imagine not knowing what was for dinner when 4:30 rolls around, lol. I love this menu board though, I might have to make me one, I always just write it on a note pad and stick it on the fridge!

darbishar said...

I have been planning my meals too, it's the only way I can make my weekly grocery list. But halfway through the week I have to go looking for my piece of paper with my menu since I tend to forget what I planned. I really need to make one of these boards! I also love that you can change the paper if you want to decorate it seasonally.

Liz said...

LOVE the idea... Now, to find the time to make a board and actually fill it. ;o)

Liz said...

LOVE the idea... Now, to find the time to make a board and actually fill it. ;o)