Monday, July 19, 2010

michigan

i always enjoy our travels to michigan but this particular trip was more than just a vacation. it ministered to my soul. the past two months have been dark and to have the people that know me and love me surround me and my family and just let us "be" was so refreshing. they pampered us, hugged us, and i even got a mom backrub when i was nauseous. i needed that.
part of the blessing was my parents driving halfway to us so that they could pick me and the boys up and let sonny go back to okc for work. we stayed in a hotel and let the fun commence! rocking at cracker barrel and "swimming" in the hot tub were highlights and we hadn't even reached grand rapids yet.
part of the time in michigan was spent up north at a cabin where ice cream sundaes were abundant and as chocolate and sprinkles started to outweigh the actual ice cream, moms turned their heads.

the cabin had a pool and splash pad where little ones had such fun pretending they were proficient swimmers in the 8 inches of water.
another fun thing about this trip was my sister kelli's husband brian planned a surprise 30th birthday party for her. her birthday isn't until september, but this way it was sure to be a surprise. we had lots of fun celebrating her life. (kelli, kristal, kim)
we spent one of last days at my aunt and uncle's cottage on gun lake. there we got to reconnect with a lot of krommendyk relatives as well as enjoy the beauty and fun of the lake.

it was a special time and it left me wanting for more. but, when i came home i felt so refreshed and ready to start my real life again. i am blessed upon blessed.

4 comments:

Becky said...

Glad you were able to enjoy our beautiful Michigan weather that we have been having with the Krommendyk family! Next time we will have to see if we can squeeze in a visit. Glad to see that you are back to blogging so you must be feeling a little better. Praying for you and your little one- Becky

Liz said...

Great pics! Your trip looks amazing. So glad it got you feeling better.

Bonnie Lock said...

Yay! I'm so glad it was a refreshing time for you. Your family is just the best. We are SO glad to have you back!

Tonya said...

What a wonderful blessing to have such a great supportive family! I'm so glad you got a relaxing stay, and were able to get back up on your feet and feel good when you got home! :)