Monday, March 8, 2010

last night...

i was doing my daily (o.k. two, three times daily) perusal of blogs and found a link on my friend celina's blog. it said "a birth story". i'm fascinated by any birth story, but i knewthis one was probably special cuz celina is special and she's been in the process of adopting for YEARS and is still waiting for her precious ones to come home.
so i clicked over getting ready for a heartwarming read, and boy was i in for a major shock. this thing rocked my world. it hit me where is hurts and i was forced to look face to face at my own depravity. i'll expound more later on my struggle in the night, but i just wanted to link to the story so that you could read it for yourself. you are not the same sinner i am so you will not be convicted in the same way, but whoever you are, i guarantee you will not regret reading this. come back tomorrow to read how this story left me rethinking everything.
p.s. i hATE hATE music on blogs. don't know why, just annoys me. i always turn it off. this time...i didn't and boy did it enhance the experience. do what you want, but that's my two cents:)

3 comments:

C and G said...

I can't wait to hear your thought! Nella's story was truly heart wrenching and glorious to me. And I hear you about the music . . . but this time i actually loved it.

Carolyn said...

Thanks for the link... I read it last night. Wow.

I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Micah and Christa Forsythe said...

Oh... yeah... a while back when Celina first posted the blog... I have been keeping up with her too... just love her pics! When I read this story I SOBBED, bawled and was silent most of the day afterwards! It totally made me rethink everything and to face my "fears" - what would I do, how would I feel... etc. Yeah.... truly a beautiful story.... in a hard sort of way!

(ps... I just saw Celina's response... and I agree... I hate blog music too, but I just left her music running for the rest of the day)