Saturday, March 13, 2010

around the world in my room

ari's room is the only one i consider "finished". except for a bedspread (he's attached to the floral one from our old guest bed) i don't have more plans for this space. i wanted something uniquely ari and something not too young because he is seven and we plan on him being in this room for a while. ari loves math....hmmmm a number theme? no. ari loves maps. he loves geography and he loves travel. BINGO! this is what i came up with...
the first two are time zones important to us and the second two ari chose as "important" places.

these are sheets i picked up at ross for the bed and used one to make a window covering.
the bookshelf with his globe and globe bookends

a travel chest i found for $10 on craigslist and a stack of LIFE travel books i got free at the school book sale. the globe balls were decor from the world collection at target that just ended.

6 comments:

Liz said...

I love that he is into geography! I tell Finn that I went to "map school" to try to earn cool points. I think he couldn't care less! Very cute designs!

Liz said...

I love that he is into geography! I tell Finn that I went to "map school" to try to earn cool points. I think he couldn't care less! Very cute designs!

Tonya said...

SOOO cute! You are so awesome at home decor. I may have to pick your brain as I start to redecorate my house!

Monica said...

I LOVE the clocks! Great room idea.

Jeana said...

What a cool room! I love the airplane fabric and all the globes--well done!

darbishar said...

Love it!