Tuesday, February 15, 2011

peace on earth

i started this blog entry so many times. first this summer. then again in the fall. the latest attempt was right before christmas. i don't know why it was so difficult to finish. i guess it just felt so big. so important. and maybe i didn't really want to hear the message myself. it scares me. but recent events have confirmed it AGAIN and i think maybe i need to go ahead and put it out there. here is what i wrote in december...

we hear the message, "slow down, let things go, do less" a lot especially during this season. it's a great reminder and i know we all nod and agree that we should. uh-huh, definitely. i need to have less stress. o.k. that one goes on the "to-do" list! yup. i'm gonna do that too. after i get everything else done.
i've heard this wisdom for years but i pride myself on getting it all done. and i like to do it. and others like what i do. we have a good thing going on. speaking of good. all the stuff i do is good. all the things on my checklist are commendable. the problem comes when all that good stuff turns up the heat. you know what i mean. it starts to stress me out. i've lived this way for so long, i don't even realize i'm stressed. this is normal. this is good. i get it all done. i didn't know it was effecting me (or those around me) until one day pregnancy said "you can't".

that is all i got down on "paper" but i felt there was so much more to say. there was more to say. and unbeknownst to me, there was more that God had to say on the subject in my life. as i started writing, it got pretty lengthy so i'm going to break this post up. thank you for bearing with me as i muddle my way through circumstances, feelings, and how i will live in the future. i don't have it all figured out yet.

3 comments:

Jeana said...

You are beautiful. Just had to say that. And I'm so looking forward to what I'm about to learn from what God had to say to you. Love you, friend!

C and G said...

I'm liking what I hear already :) I think this is going to be good. Can't wait to hear the rest :)

Tonya said...

It is great so far, thanks for sharing this with us!! It helps to work through it all too. Good for you for doing it, even when it isn't easy. :)