Thursday, February 18, 2010

mommy, "i helping!"

oh how i often dread those words. this time i sucked in a deep breath and let him go with it. noah wanted to "help" pack a box during the move. he put his blanket, a few toys, and a book into a large box. he taped it. taped it again. and then taped over the tape. he then grabbed my sharpie and i got really nervous. again, i coached myself to let him do this. under my watchful eye this is how he labeled his box...
this, i was informed, is our family. the one on the left is a toss up between the hamburglers' little friends, or a miss packman ghost. either way, he's family now.
slowly but surely we're getting settled into the new house (if i just don't let myself think about the mountain of stuff waiting to be organized and put away in the garage) and slowly but surely our old house empties. it just needs one more load to be taken and then a major cleaning and then i think we will be locking the door for the last time. thanks for all of your questions about our transition!

5 comments:

Becky said...

How Cute, but I have a question- who are all the extra people that are coming along? Glad to hear that you are slowly getting settled. Becky

Jeana said...

I love the family drawing! Soon your new house is going to be a beautiful home. Cute new blog layout, too! I <3 owls.

Tonya said...

awesome!! So cute. I love the new layout too, my favorites, polka dots and mushrooms!! :)

Tonya said...

So I searched for a blog layout as cute as this one that I liked as much, and I have to say you picked the best one!!! So I completely stole it and it is now my background for my family blog, hope you don't mind me copying your great taste!!! :)

Jeannette said...

what a little ariteest! we have very similar drawings around here :) can't wait to see your new home!! i want to visit!