Friday, February 19, 2010

just for me!

so i travel with a lot of kids. they are particularly thirsty children and i transport 4-6 sippy cups with me most days. this causes a great deal of leakage and more soaking disasters than i care to remember. i have looked for a solution. i have shopped. i have googled. there just aren't bags, even diaper bags, with enough sippy cup holders to accommodate me. this has been a great frustration. i finally thought about etsy. this website of handmade creations held TONS of bags. this one in particular caught my eye.
pretty , huh? sippy cup holders? two. a few short. then i had a flash of brilliance. this is etsy. i could order thousands of bags that would be handmade. if i am buying a bag from an artist, shouldn't i be able to commission one of those artists to make me the bag i need that no one else seems to make? the answer was YES!! nicole from coon and cole was ready for the challenge! she let me choose fabric, how many cup holders, where they went, and basically everything about my bag. she also is not a mom (i just assume everyone is) so she actually went to the store and BOUGHT a sippy cup for the sole purpose of measuring and making sure it would hold. wow. her husband laughed, but she is committed. THEN she went another extra mile and took a bunch of pics of my amazing creation for me to review before she shipped it. you can see my one-of-a-kind, just the way i want it, bag here.

6 comments:

Jeannette said...

I LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!

C and G said...

Ohhhhh! I love it!

Becky said...

Very Cool and so organized just like you! I am sure you can't wait to get it and will LOVE IT!

Jeana said...

You smart, girl, you! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the fabric chose. LOVE!

Ginny said...

That is great!

darbishar said...

Beautiful, and I am sure Ari will be grateful as well :)