Saturday, November 14, 2009

now i can see!!!

i am being EXTREMELY vulnerable in sharing the following pictures, but i am just so EXCITED about the results of my lasik surgery and the lack of contacts or glasses in my life (or maybe it's the aftereffects of the drugs they gave me:)
this is me, the happy, go-lucky, no corrective lense 5-year-old
this is me (pretending to be happy) at disney world only inhibited by the large, mauve, face-covering eyewear on my face.
a family photo, christmas time, supposed to be looking great with my floral pants, but overshadowed by the again, monster lenses on my face.
what's bigger? my 80's bangs or the glasses that go from my forehead to chin?

i finally graduated to contact lenses a few years later, but still was plaqued by dry eyes, lost contacts, glasses in the evening and morning, blindess as i grope in the dark for midnight feedings, and years of inconvenience. it is all over. a few slices, a little burning by a laser, and some eye drops and I CAN SEE!!!

8 comments:

Tonya said...

That first picture totally looks like Ari in a wig!!! :)

So glad that the procedure went well for you! I want to do that one day, but I'm scared about having my eye cut into while trying to keep my eyes open and not moving! How was it?!

Heather said...

Yipeeeeeeeee!! Oh Happy Day!

Jeannette said...

kristal, this is amazing!!! i had those mauve glasses, except mine were mauve on top and country blue on the bottom..eeeek...i so feel the pain of every word written! i still haven't graduated to contacts, but glasses are a little less invasive these days than they used to be...at least they don't cover my whole face! :) i really am so excited for you, and know that this truly will be a blessing! can't wait to hear how marvelous it is. and by the way, you are beautiful, even with large mauve spectacles! love you...and the bangs :)

Kristal Sawyer said...

So happy for you...and so jealous! =)

lani said...

i'm so happy for you! and i LOVE your pictures! you were such a cute kid/tween/teen! i have about 4 years of pics with my huge, perfectly round, gold rimmed glasses - right at that 9-13yr old awkward stage - so i can identify with you. :)

Liz said...

I am so happy for you! I, too, wore the huge pink eyewear for years. And you were such an adorable girl!

Becky said...

So glad all went well and SO JEALOUS that you can wake up in the night and see! Thanks for sharing the cute pictures and bringing me back to those younger years of BIG FRAMES! Becky

Anonymous said...

thanks for the memories!! my 3 nieces will always be the "apples of this aunts eyes!" :) so happy for you!! sa3k