Tuesday, November 3, 2009

do you wish bob and jillian were your trainers?

do you watch biggest loser? sonny and i do. we're not so much into the drama, but way into seeing peoples' lives changed. in a matter of weeks. super amazing. my weight watchers leader watches it too. she's always talking about this quote that she sees on the wall of the gym at the ranch, but she never can catch all of it. since sonny and i watch online i was able to pause and get it for her. i just had to make it into a little signage and here's what came out...
i really like the second line. it's hard to trust the process when you feel like you've been doing what you're supposed to be doing, but you're not seeing numbers go down on the scale. i think i have this problem in a lot of areas of my life. i know what is right (in habits, how i raise my kids, how i treat people, etc) but if i don't see instant positive feedback i'm throwing in the towel, the baby AND the bathwater. whatever i can find....i throw it in, out, and beyond. i want to see results! i don't want to sacrifice and get nothing for it. sacrifice with no guarantees....hmm....sounds like parenting, huh? guess i'll keep eating my veggies and showing patience to my children. no matter what. not very exciting in the day to day....but looking back on a lifetime....huge.

4 comments:

C and G said...

Yes - I watch biggest loser like you watch SYTYCD . . . ok, maybe not quite as passionately - but close :)

What a great quote - and I agree "trust the process" that's a hard one!

Jeannette said...

love you friend! "keep eating my veggies and showing patience to my children"...this is so my struggle today. thank you for opening your heart and sharing and encouraging my heart throught the process! you are such a blessing to so many!

Liz said...

Love the black & white, love the font! Very cute!

Tonya said...

I love this font! I want it or something like it (or something with swirlys) on my christmas present signs if you could!!! Thanks lady!