Wednesday, September 23, 2009

things are a'changin

it's no secret. i love mcdonalds. i love the processed food. the salty fries. and of course....the troughs of diet coke. we all know the dangers of the convenience and addictive nature of fast food. i've seen supersize me several times and actually look at the nutritional information at mcdonalds. i am informed. yet, i still consume.
i in no way fault mcdonalds for their deep hold on my life. i will not be suing them for making their food so darn tasty and easy to get. i have decided, for the sake of my children, i will only be eating (this excludes my daily diet coke run) there two times a month. yes. twice. in a 30 day period. my kids and i used to frequent there 3-4x a week. sometimes just for a "snack" and sometimes just to use the playland, but we'd always eat something.
it has been three weeks now and we've only been there ONCE! i still can't believe it. the boys are actually coping better than i am. silly post, i know. but its a big deal in my life so i thought i'd share:)

5 comments:

Liz said...

Like I said, everything in moderation! I think it's funny you've posted this, because I was thinking about making every Tuesday "McDonalds Night" from now on (Scott always has to work on Tuesday nights and I hate feeding the kids alone). Anyway, more power to you!

C and G said...

WOW! That's big! Good for you - you can do it!

darbishar said...

you go girl!

Monica said...

Good for you! Have you ever watched "Supersize me"? That was a turning point in my consumption. Though I have to admit that the $1 Diet Coke often calls me to the drive through:)

Tonya said...

Way to go at making a decision to be healthier, for yourself and your children! It's tough, especially when everything that is unhealthy is so darn good!!