Tuesday, September 8, 2009

may the force be with you

my friend melissa made more than TWO DOZEN of these foam light sabres for her son's star wars party. needless to say, they were a hit! my boys loved them so much i had to make two more for when friends were over. they're simple and hold hours of FUN!
just cut a pool noodle in half, get some duct tape, and black electrical tape.
find a light sabre design you want to recreate and start taping.
i made some as a birthday gift for my nephew and he was thrilled. they are used with great force (no pun intended:) and for the most part do not inflict injury. get some pool noodles on clearance and fight for the light side!

3 comments:

darbishar said...

So very cool!

Liz_24 said...

Finn insists on being Yoda for Halloween this year, so I'll have to make one. I just fear for poor Kinley!

Tonya said...

They were the coolest things ever!! My kids are still playing with them! :)

Good for you crafty woman, for making some of your own! WHat great gifts!!