Tuesday, June 9, 2009

meatless mondays....er....on tuesday

oops!  monday flew right by and i didn't post a recipe!!  so sorry, but this one was worth waiting for.  my friend nicolette gave me the BEST salsa recipe ever!!  sonny devours it.  of course it's fab with chips, but if you're trying to be carb conscious it makes eggs into a colorful, flavor filled, MEAL!  of course, if you're me you'll slather the eggs with cheese, salsa and then wrap it in a big flour tortilla:)  still.  it's meatless and full of veggies and the best part....so easy!  without further ado, i present...
Blender Salsa

one bunch of cilantro without the stems

1 small onion

2 cloves of garlic

1 fresh jalapeno

juice of 2 limes

1 large can of tomatoes (whole, chopped, doesn't matter) like 28oz

couple shakes of cumin powder

shake of chili powder if you want

salt and pepper to taste

Put it all in the blender until pureed - voila - salsa

It will fill the blender.  easier to put the cilantro in first with a little of the tomato liquid and blend the cilantro a little to make room for all the rest.  order doesn't matter -  it's magic

4 comments:

darbishar said...

This really is some of the best salsa around. My mom always has some in the fridge along with homemade tortilla chips...oh so good! Plus it makes a ton so you have some to share with friends :)

Erin said...

Oh, shoot. That looks GOOD! We'll be making some of that! I've got cilantro growing that needs to be used up. And we're having company next week and they'll love it! Oooh. I'm so excited!

Tonya said...

I can't wait to get off of my diet so I can try this!! I love salsa, and the eggs slathered init and cheese on a tortilla sounds SOOOO good!!! :)

Erin said...

Mmmmmm. Just made me some blender salsa. Tasty! Thanks!