Thursday, May 7, 2009

$2 makeover

my bathroom is well, not the exact picture of modernity.  i have to work with what's there (and has been there for a LONG time) since we're renting.  i thought the wall could use a little something and green is the color scheme already in place.  i had an idea....
i saw these two at goodwill for a dollar a piece.  no offense to the cute little kids, but i ripped them out first.  i then sanded and spray painted the frames.  i went to vintage moth and chose two free clip arts i thought would go well in the bathroom, printed them, and slapped them into the frames.  i added a little ribbon i already had in my stash and here's what happened...
it truly only cost me $2 and it makes at least this little corner of the bathroom pleasant to look at.  i show this to you, not just to brag about my frugal ways, but hopefully to inspire you that YOU can do something.  something inexpensive, using what you already have or find at a garage sale, and make it your own.  once you push that first burst of spray paint and see the transformation...you will be hooked.

7 comments:

lani said...

so cute, kristal! i love your ideas - you're definitely inspiring me; i'm going to be decorating my head off this summer! (plus, you got me totally hooked on etsy!) :)

Erin said...

Ah! Super cute! What a great idea. I think I have at least 10 frames that need to do something besides sit in my garage. Thanks for the inspiration!

Tonya said...

You never cease to amaze me lady. :)

Liz_24 said...

That is awesome! Good job!

Micah and Christa Forsythe said...

I always get super thrilled when I see you have written an new blog... I love your ideas and how you are so great at making your home beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing your idea.... I just realized today that I have never gotten back to you about the signs... I totally forgot - due to being snowed in and having the end of the year at school being complete chaos! I will think of something... hopefully sometime soon!

Monica said...

That's amazing!! I have a few frames hanging around here that need some attention. I know what I'm going to do next:)

darbishar said...

Verrrry nice!