Tuesday, March 10, 2009

wednesday weigh-in


you may have noticed in my post about jeana that we are on a health journey together.  inspired by her courage in posting her ACTUAL WEIGHT on her blog, i decided to do the same.  well, in the comments section on her blog:)  we are cheering each other on and picking each other up during the tough times when the scale is going in the wrong direction.

this morning my 6-year-old came to me and said..."mom....you're looking so much thinner"  this was strange on many levels.  number one-my son is the most unobservant boy ever, and he's 6.  number 2-i don't look thinner yet.  so i asked..."honey, who told you that?"  he quickly told me that oma and he talked about it the night before on the phone.  i told him i appreciated the thought, but it didn't really matter what my size was cuz i loved him no matter what.  we went through all the scenarios, fat, thin, tall short, blonde, brunette, etc. and decided we would love each other in all those circumstances and any in between.  he looked up at me and said...."how 'bout we love each other through thick and thin."  

i agree ari.  i agree.

5 comments:

darbishar said...

Kids are the greatest!

Tonya said...

Ah, how sweet. Better than when Roman was about 5 and told me he didn't want me to lose weight cuz he "liked my fat, jiggly belly" lol. :)

Good for you for making a change for a healthier lifestyle! Keep up the good work, and hang in there!!

Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful said...

That has got to be the sweetest thing ever! What an adorable little boy you are raising up.

Jeana said...

I'm so proud of you, Ari. And your mom. :)

lani said...

i agree too. what a wonderful perspective from your 6 year old!