Sunday, March 29, 2009

obviously!

i couldn't live one more day without costco, so yesterday morning after my complaining, sonny suggested we load up the kids and head to dallas!  it was spontaneous.  it was fun.  and we got all the hot dogs and churros we could hold.  (did you know they have jumbo soft drinks now?  glorious!)  

on the way home as a form of entertainment, sonny put his hands above his head where the boys could see them in the back seat while going 65 on the freeway.  of course they were impressed and even more so when sonny changed lanes (with his knees) NO HANDS!  sonny kept asking ari "how is daddy doing that?"  

finally ari stated the obvious.  in a completely matter of fact tone he said:  
"you have four hands and two are invisible."  

(sheesh dad.  why do you make me say such elementary things!)

5 comments:

Heather said...

Yay for Costco and Yay for giant drink cups! Are you so heeeappy??

Tonya said...

What a fun day!

I love kid answers!! :)

Jennifer M. said...

LOL -- that's hilarious. Kids are very smart!

Jo. said...

As usual, Ari kills me.

I just wanted you to know that I've been using your blog as my happy place-- it's fun to escape to your world for a few minutes every once in awhile and catch up on the Varelas. I haven't had time to comment on the wonderful moments I've been sharing with you all (do you say "ya'll" there?), but wanted you to know that I've been visiting.

Love to you all!

Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful said...

What a funny kid...and so stinkin clever!