Tuesday, April 14, 2009

checkmate

in december ari had been asking lots of questions about the game of chess.  sonny said he would teach him, but we didn't have a set.  a few days after christmas we saw this "chess teacher" set on clearance...
so, sonny taught ari the basics, ari studied the manual, and it has been chess-mania ever since.
even oma  has to play on her visits.  (ari turns all the pieces toward her so she can see what moves she's allowed to make and what moves he's allowed to make:)

when we had out-of-town guests, ari "persuaded" them to learn and play as well
if you know ari, this picture will not shock you.  if you don't ...this will help you know him more:)  this is a chess strategy book at the local bookstore.  noah and i read dora and clifford books while ari studied to become a chess master.  wow.  each child is unique, right?

5 comments:

lani said...

oh my goodness, you have a child exactly like my brother. wow.

Liz_24 said...

Ari makes me laugh! Wise beyond his years. And where did you get the chess set? I need one so I can learn.

darbishar said...

how Ari of him :)

Tonya said...

I have always said I am going to learn how to play chess, yet I never do. It's on my list. :) Ari is such a little man!! :)

jeannette said...

love this little man :)