Monday, March 2, 2009

black and gold not your thing?

my dear friend heather snagged this lamp for me when her husband's hotel was gonna trash it, but gold doesn't really go with my decor.  nothing a little spray paint won't fix!
now...it needs a lampshade.  i buy a plain one for 3 bucks at ross (a tjmaxx type place), cover it with toile fabric on sale and add a little clearance priced black fringe. i attach it all with my hot glue gun for easy removal down the road.  
 for less than 5 dollars i got this entire lamp that is just the style i wanted!

7 comments:

Erin said...

Adorable! I love it!

Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful said...

You go girl! It turned out so cute! Love that toile and black fringe. Way to spice it up.

Christine said...

You are just plain miraculous.

Bad grammar, I know, but there is no other way to say it.

Jeana said...

Nicely done!

Monica said...

You are handy!! Great job.

Heather said...

Woah! How come I haven't seen that one before???

Ashley @ Domestic Fashionista said...

Perfect! It looks great!