Wednesday, February 25, 2009

once upon a time...


there was this girl i went to college with who was so beautiful and creative, self-confident and witty....well, i was intimidated.  her dorm room was a work of art and her hair was dark and naturally curly.  she was what i wanted to be.  we talked a bit (by the time i got the nerve up my senior year:) but we've really become much closer in the last year due to....yes, blogging!  we both have two little boys (her oldest and my youngest, both "noah") and delight in our husbands and the ability to stay at home.  we are both in the process of losing weight (and posting our actual numbers on her blog for all to see!) and also opening stores on etsy.com to sell our handmade wares.  she sells the most whimsical, inspiring jewelry.  really.  you should go check it out.  you could wear a burlap bag and still look amazing with one of her pieces.  i have one and always get compliments when i wear it.  go over to her etsy shop (rubywillow) or her blog (linhart live) just to see these unique beauties.  you'll be intimidated at first, but really...she's a very sweet and down-to-earth person.

2 comments:

Jeana said...

Thank you so much, Kristal, for this amazing promotion of my work! I am blown away by your generosity. Truly. But I think you got one thing backwards. It was ME who was wanted to be YOU, all tall and beautiful and out-going with a ready smile for anyone who crossed your path. I wish our insecurities hadn't been an issue in college. I'm so glad we're close now, but I bet we would have had a BLAST in our MBC days.

Liz_24 said...

Did she make that beautiful necklace? I'll have to check out her stuff!