Tuesday, February 10, 2009

more me than you ever asked for

are you on facebook?  if not, you may not have seen these little surveys flying around.  i finally caved and did one myself.  here's 25 things you may or may not have known, but certainly more than you asked for:)

1-I told myself if 10 people tagged me in one of these 25 random thing surveys, I would do it. Thanks a lot, Kim....you were #10!

2-I was born on New Year’s Day and interrupted my parents New Year’s Eve Party

3-I am 100% dutch and grew up thinking everyone had magnets on their fridge that said “ya aint much if ya aint dutch”

4-I LOVE to blog. Check it out sometime…varelavoyage.blogspot.com

5-I went to a private Christian school from preschool through college graduation.

6-I scored almost the same on the SAT in 6th grade as I did in 11th grade. Ouch.

 7-As a kid I would read a 100+ page book every few days during the school year and every day in the summer. Even the librarians thought I was a bit weird.

 8-My husband and I have lived in 8 different homes in our 8 years of marriage. We are very good at moving if you ever need help.

 9-I married my first and only “boyfriend”. We avoided dating for three years telling ourselves it wouldn’t work because I’m a few inches taller than him.

 10-I graduated with a double major in biblical studies and education in 2000.

 11-My best friend was actually assigned to be my roommate randomly my junior year of college. She coached me through natural childbirth. She’s that good of a friend.

12-My sisters and I grew up with the same initials…”KJK” and we are now “KJV” “KJR” and “KJC”

13-Anne of Green Gables is my favorite movie. EVER. If you don’t watch quietly and with respect, I will not tolerate you watching at all.

14-The thing I feel most passionate about (besides my own family) is foster children. I desperately want to adopt several dozen and love on even more.

15-I delight in making things that I used to think could only be purchased (eg. Taco seasoning, laundry detergent, home décor pieces, salsa, soap, dishcloths, etc)

16-Dance is the most powerful form of art to me.

17-I love being married. My favorite piece of marriage advice is from my mentor, Tamara….”Divorce is not an option. Murder, yes, but divorce, no.”

18-When I was super young, I picked up a piece of gum that fell out of a big pack (must’ve been around Halloween) at the store, went to the bathroom, chewed it up and spit it out before my mom could see me. I stayed up every night crying about that theft until I “asked Jesus in my heart” when I was 5 1/2 and haven’t felt guilt about it since.

19-I went to an all night scrapbooking event instead of my senior prom

20-Indian food seriously makes me happy. I can’t believe I lived 23 years without it.

21-I am beginning to profoundly enjoy taking things that are to be discarded and creating something beautiful from them.

22- I consume 4-5 (or more) 44 oz diet coke’s per day. Fountain is my favorite.

23- My dad is my hero. There’s too many reasons why to list here.

24-I collect sharpies.

25-I actually like living in Oklahoma. Who would’ve thought?

4 comments:

sonny said...

I'll try to be quiet the next time we watch Green Gables.

Tonya said...

I LOVE Anne of Green Gables, the movies the books, whatever!! They are the greates. I knew we were kindred spirits. :)

Jeana said...

I commented on FB, too but somehow I missed #24. Sharpies are the best. I have use so much self control not to buy the huge pack they sell at Costco every time I pass it...so many colors!

Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful said...

I am in love with those mini sharpies...they're so cute!

Just wanted to stop by and say hi and thanks for your comment. Also wanted to give you the measurements on the dollar tree plaques.
oval 10 1/4 x 6 1/2
square 8 x 8
rectangle 10 3/8 x 6 3/8

Good luck. Let me know if you make something with them. I'd love to see it.

~Amanda