Friday, January 23, 2009

sticks and stones may break my bones...

but, boy are they pretty!  when i saw this (pictured below) at my friend heather's house i knew i had to copy her.  but there was a problem.  sticks in a store are EXPENSIVE.  who knew?  they also are smaller than the ones heather had.  i asked her wherever did she find those things of beauty and she responded (of course) ikea.  well, i hadn't planned my trip to ikea at this point and i'm stranded here without one.  my dear, amazing, incredible friend, not only went out and bought these lovelies for me, she talked her in-laws into driving with them extending from their trunk, through the back seat, and actually into the front seat console area from vancouver, WA  all the way to okc!  that is love.  all that to say....
the sticks were now in my possession and they reside in my bedroom...
and next to my front door....
and i STILL have some left over.  they are beautiful and i get a little surge of happy every time i look at them.  thank you, heather!!

4 comments:

Heather said...

YAY! YAY! YAY! They look great! I can't wait to see in person!

Heather said...

I think there is a distinct possibility they may be happier if sprayed with Aussie Sprunch Spray. :-) Should we find out hehe

Tonya said...

Very nice! What a great friend too!!

Liz_24 said...

Oh, what WOULDN'T Finn damage with those sticks? I can just imagine all the possibilities! They look lovely though!