Wednesday, January 21, 2009

happy birthday to me!

as if my husband EVER needed to buy me a gift again...he did.  for my birthday.  and it is amazing.  it took a lot of convincing for him to buy me something that plugs in (a big no-no when men buy women a gift) but i finally persuaded him that i wanted, longed for, and would delight in a deep freeze.  not only did he buy it for me; he shopped craig's list, made lots of calls, drove hours, cleared space in the garage, and somehow lifted it in.  the thing is HUGE.  and she is my new best friend.  
i can now cook and bake in bulk, capitalize on major sales, and save things for later that before would have gone out in the garbage.  i'm very excited and have already filled her up.  many thanks to my friends erin and bonnie who have been letting me store my stuff rent-free in their freezers for the last few months.  i wouldn't have made it without you!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Ahhh, those are the best! What a sweet hubby you have. Happy Birthday my friend!

ibcreative said...

can you please clone that husband of yours . . . a bit older tho . . . for me???

Jeana said...

Happy Birthday! Your husband is one of the greats :)

Erin said...

Hooray for husbands who will buy us things like freezers, immersion blenders and other gadgets that make our lives easier.
Let's fill that sucker up!

Heather said...

Cute girl. Cute freezer.:-) Cute sweater. CUTE HAIR!

Liz_24 said...

That is awesome! I'm dying for one as well. How helpful with dinners! Happy B-day!