Sunday, January 4, 2009

DILEMMA!

so-ya'll know about my cricut, right? best gift ever. i've ran through several blades already just creating 'til my heart's content. ok. oh-did i mention it's quite pricey? yeah. ok. here's what happened....

we drove into our driveway last night after a 14 hour drive from michigan. there was 9 newspapers strewn about our lawn, a mailbox overflowing with christmas greetings and junk mail, and a large package on our stoop. neither of us were expecting one and as we got closer we saw it was from the company sonny had ordered my cricut from. a few of the accessories he ordered were on backorder (because of their big sale) and i was expecting them, but this box was BIG. we got it inside and i sliced open the box. inside was my cartridge, blade replacements, and cutting mats. these weigh about 8 oz. altogether. this puppy was HEAVY. under my accessories was none other than.....ANOTHER CRICUT! not the little one. not the medium one. THE BIG, DELUXE, AMAZING one!!! they sent me the entire order and forgot to omit the machine they'd already sent.

i am writing this partly to share my life and partly to hold myself accountable. customcrops is closed until monday for the holidays and i know i need to call them. i don't want to call them. i want to keep the cricut. i want to sell the cricut and buy more cricut toys. i want to give the cricut to a deserving woman. i want to do basically ANYTHING but return it to its rightful owner.

but....i will. i will call. i will do the right thing. please don't think me noble. i REALLY don't want to.

5 comments:

Liz_24 said...

Here's hoping that the owners of the company just retired and closed up shop! Or that they just changed their phone number! Or that you call and they say "Keep it!"

Erin said...

Ummm...if they don't want it back or they are closed or something happens along those lines, you can just send it my way :) I think I've got just the right spot for it.

Erin said...

Ummm...if they don't want it back or they are closed or something happens along those lines, you can just send it my way :) I think I've got just the right spot for it.

sonny said...

I'm so pleased with you Love!

Monica said...

That's a tough one, but you have done the right thing. Be sure to talk it up to your kids so that they know the whole situation and how hard it is to give it back. It's a rare object lesson that I'm sure will come up again and again.