Monday, December 1, 2008

i heart pumpkin...part 2

pumpkin season is officially over:( not to worry, though....i baked, skinned, chopped, and pureed six large pumpkins to last me til next fall! my latest pumpkin obsession (besides those cookies....make them with caution! i am not responsible for inevitable weight gain) is pumpkin pancakes. oh. yum. if you still have some pumpkin or see some in your neighbors' front yard....get it and whip up a batch! today!!

2 cups flour

2 tbsp brown sugar

1 tbsp baking powder

1 tsp salt

1 tsp ground cinnamon

1/4 tsp nutmeg

1 and 1/2 cup milk

1/2 cup cooked pumpkin (or canned)

1 large egg

2 tbsp vegetable oil

in large bowl, combine dry ingredients. In small bowl, combine milk, pumpkin, egg and oil. Stir liquid mixture into flour mixture until dry ingredients are moistened. Batter will be thick. For each pancake, pour 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle; using a spatula, spread the batter into a 4 inch circle before mixture sets. Cook until surface appears dry. Turn; cook another 2-3 minutes. Serve with syrup.

5 comments:

Liz_24 said...

That looks awesome! I love pumpkin too. Do they sell the canned year round? Otherwise, I need to stock up!

Anonymous said...

hey,
the cookies were a BIG hit at our house! we'll definitely give these a try too!! keep the recipes coming:)
sa3k

Tonya said...

I might have to make those in the morning for breakfast! I have some leftover pumpkin in the fridge just waiting to be used!

Heather said...

Yumyumyumyum!! I ordered these at IHOP a few weeks back and was so very pleasantly surprised! Now I will have to try them myself!! I bet they go good with Coke :)

jeannette said...

we're having these for supper tonight...yummy!!!! my hubby loves breakfast for dinner :) thanks for the recipe!