Friday, October 24, 2008

you don't have to clean the mess...just hide it!

do you have lots of papers, bills, homework, business cards, receipts and stuff cluttering your regularly tidy and finely decorated home? me too:) i saw the idea of decorating clipboards and loved it, then i saw martha stuart living hang these boards on the wall. oooh! the only change i made was to hang the clipboards with the backs facing forward. martha's had the front facing out, which makes sense, of course, unless  your paperwork isn't cute and in the same color scheme of your room.

7 comments:

Jeana said...

Genius! Where did find such cute paper for the covering?

Heather said...

YOU.HAVE.GOT.TO.BE.KIDDING.ME. That is life-changing! And helloooooo! Anything covered in scrapbook paper is a winner!

darbishar said...

What a good idea! I was wondering what those were last time I visited! You are AWESOME!

kristal said...

to steal a saying from my friend nicolette..."I KNOW-RIGHT!?!!" this is the greatest. everyone has a clipboard so now all of ari's school papers have a spot, all the bills have a spot, all the things i need to look at sometime have a spot, and sonny has a spot for all his "very important scraps that i always throw away on accident"....and it looks SO CUTE!!! i also use one for all my grocery ads, coupons, and shopping lists and then when it's time to go the store i just grab the clipboard and i have everything i need! i'm so happy.
jeana...i got the paper from my stash of scrapbook paper i already had, but i get all of it at michael's. there's lots of places to get it, but that's just where i happened to shop. i used modge podge to attch it to the board and it worked really well.
i hope you all try it!

Micah and Christa Forsythe said...

So funny, I actually bought clip boards to do that (got the idea from my good friend Martha Stewart, too) and haven't made the time for it yet, but you have re-inspired me!

Sarah said...

Kristal, I'm so excited to have found your blog yesterday! I've been reading up on the cool and big changes in your life this past year and I'm so happy for you. I miss you, though. I just started a blog at sarahchambersblog.blogspot.com

Ginny said...

I would have never thought to hang backwards, love it!