Wednesday, October 1, 2008

will i ever be alone again?

i was in the bathroom this morning, crowded into a corner by my two boys.  i asked them to leave so i could carry on, but they seemed to magically not hear what i said.  i was just stepping on the scale (yuck) and as i prepared to step off one of them was right in my space, the scale slid on the tile, and you can imagine the rest.

after the spectacle noah(2.5) asked "mom, do you need some privacy?"  i practically shouted..."YES!"  he said..."o.k.  i'll help you" and came right to my side...to "help" me have some privacy.

i will miss this someday, right?


6 comments:

Micah and Christa Forsythe said...

one day... right? ONE DAY! (I totally hear you!)

Erin said...

I feel ya sister.

Jeana said...

Wait...people go to the bathroom ALONE? I vaguely remember something like that in my former life...

Liz_24 said...

LOL! I've been feeling it too lately. I keep putting on the TV in hopes that Finn will tune in and leave me alone for a second! Not working!

C and G said...

oh, you mean i won't always sing and do the finger motions to the itsy bitsy spider while my kid sits in his bumbo watching me go pee?

sa3k rigterink said...

wow! hate to tell ya, but my girls at 17,15 and 10 yrs. still seem to track me down when i'm looking for that little "alone time":)
maybe someday!?