Saturday, September 13, 2008

i'm scaring myself



i am just becoming a DIY nut!  ok-not really, but for me...this is out-of-control!  i think i'm scaring my mom:)  i saw a similar idea on the nester's blog and found this base at goodwill for a dollar, got a styrofoam ball for 3 sumthin' and some spanish moss for 2 dollars.  (the nester used REAL moss, but i'm not quite that out there yet:)  and got this beautiful piece for around five bucks!  i just cannot believe i actually put this together by myself because i am a recipe loving, instruction following, non risk-taking person.  this was total improv and it felt great.

5 comments:

Heather said...

WOAH!!!!!

darbishar said...

It looks beautiful! Way to decorate frugally!

Erin said...

Holy smokes!! I love it. You're so good. See, that's the tricky part about goodwill. I can't go get one of those...and I want one!! I'll be keeping my eyes open for sure. Great job, friend!

lani said...

way to go! it looks awesome - what a great idea!

Jo. said...

You're not going to believe this, Kristal... I have the exact same thing in my house! White ceramic vase I already owned... and if you do any more of these, I found a dollar store rubber ball is cheaper than styrofoam (so far it hasn't deflated, and it's been a couple years). Love it. Greenery without the watering (or forgetting to water).