Saturday, September 13, 2008

how domestic can i get?





last night nicolette let me tag along again while she made soap.  yes soap.  from scratch.  who knew you could even do that?  
it is so much fun to discover that all these things i've been taking off the shelf and throwing in my cart for so many years i could actually make myself!  and i can make it the way i want, and i can leave all the "cost-effective" chemicals, sodium, high fructose corn syrup, out!  i must say, i DO like the option of buying premade things...i DO NOT wish to be laura ingalls wilder where making my own soap was the only option for getting clean:)

2 comments:

Leah said...

I love that idea! Can you post the recipe you used?

C and G said...

Today while I was gathering tomatoes, basil and strawberries from my garden I thought "little house on the prairie? i think i could handle that . . . ok, maybe not. but close" :)

yummy! did you make pumpkin soap!?!
i second the recipe posting!