Wednesday, July 16, 2008

dutch pride

background information: i come from a long line of hollanders who married hollanders and had blond little dutch babies. my husband, much to the shock and dismay of all those i grew up with, is not from that same line. my cousin, Jer, bestowed upon me a wonderful gift before my departure from grand rapids. it was two bumper stickers with the outline of a wooden shoe and inside were the famous words..."if yer not dutch, yer not much". he wanted to make sure all in oklahoma were enlightened and i promised to spread the news.
as i entered the van where my parents and sons were waiting my parents and i had a good laugh about the stickers. ari (5 1/2) read the sticker aloud as a beginning reader would. when he finished his face fell, he sighed, and said "i'm only half 'much'".

2 comments:

Kacey said...

Love the picture, and want to squeeze the cheeks of Ari, how sweet! My girls say stuff like that all the time, and we laugh, and then I forget. I wish I didn't, but I do. Thanks for sharing this!

Jo said...

Ari kills me. He should have his own show.