Friday, May 9, 2008

you can MAKE that!?!?


the last few days i have really been delving in deep into the world of frugal and green blogs (a lot of them are both since being green can save you a lot of green). i have been learning a TON and really getting excited about hunting for deals, getting the most out of coupons and sales, and actually making some things myself? i have found people who make things i would NEVER have thought about making myself and i am intrigued! i will share more with you in coming days, but here's a small step for those of you who may want to start this venture with me.

taco seasoning.

i know. it comes in packets and you use it in lots of recipes, right? what if you passed over the envelope and just mixed the seasonings with your own two hands? not rocket-science, but i never ever would have dreamed little ol' me could do such a thing. i'm going to try it.

3 comments:

Jeana said...

Cool! I'm going to try it, too! Thanks for sharing. I've got a cool idea, too for something you, Celina, and I could "make" together. I'll email you!

Nicolette said...

Very cool! Also making your own cleaners saves money, don't know if you already do that or not. Here is a site that has a lot of cleaning recipes...
http://www.ecocycle.org/hazwaste/recipes.cfm

The all purpose cleaner I use is
1/2 vinegar
1/2 water
a few drops of EO's

if you google vinegar there are lots of ways to use it. And it is inexpensive!

kristal said...

thanks, nicolette! you may see your ideas pop up on a new blog coming to a computer near you:)

keep tuning in for more details....